Lets see what I've baked for this year Chinese New Year? kuih bangkit, sago cookies, green pea cookies, green pea sesame cookies, 'black gold' pineapple tarts, traditional pineapple tart, melt-in-the mouth pineapple tarts and today almond crunch!! Think I will stop CNY cookie baking as I'v run out of small containers ;)
Recipe source : 'Baking Code' by Alex Goh
- 100gm unsalted butter
- 90gm sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 230gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 20gm ground almond
- 60gm nibbed almond
- egg white for glazing
- whole almonds for garnishing
- Cream butter,sugar and salt until fluffy.
- Beat in egg until well combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Sift in flour and baking soda and beat till just combined. Beat in ground almond.
- Fold in nibbed almond.
- Divide dough into 10gm each. Roll in balls. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Brush cookie with egg white and place a whole almond on top. Press down slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 25mins until golden brown.