This is a improved version of what I last did in 2008! Ingredients are the same except I've added more wine for this time round. This dish is great for mother after birth! So when my hubby saw me simmering the pot of ribs this morning, he suggested to give it to his best friend whom his wife is still under confinement! Off it goes a pot of flavourful fermented rice residue pork ribs :) Hopefully the mother will enjoy this dish! :D
line spring onion on the base of a pot, place in pork ribs
add in water & wine just enough to submerge the meat
This is a lovely bottle of Chinese Wine called '汾酒', a gift from my hubby' client when he went on business trip few weeks ago! It is a pure white distilled hard liquor with alcohol content of 53%!! Smell it also can get drunk hahahaha....No we do not intend to consume this directly >.< so my hubby has passed this to me for use in cooking instead!!
lovely cravings on the bottle...
- 500gm prime ribs, 软骨
- 5 tbsp fermented rice residue，红糟
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 200ml water
- 500ml fermented rice wine, 红糟酒
- 3 stalks spring onion, section
- 2 tsp 汾酒, optional
- Place sectioned spring onion on base of a pot. Add in pork ribs in a single layer.
- Add in water and fermented rice wine and bring to boil. Cover and lower heat, simmer for 20mins.
- Add in fermented rice residue, sugar & soy sauce and stir to blend. Cover and simmer for another 40mins until pork is tender and gravy reduce.
- Add in 汾酒 and simmer for another 1 min. Turn off heat.
- Scoop pork ribs onto a serving plate, remove spring onions and drizzle gravy over the dish. Serve.