Just another plain looking muffin? Not exactly :) it is packed with flavours! Lovely fruit bits embedded in the buttery moist crumbs :)
Recipe adapted (with slight modifications) from Vivian Pang's Kitchen
- 150gm butter
- 90gm castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200gm cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 80gm milk
- 100gm mixed fruits (I used mixture of dried mulberry, cranberries & raisins)
- 2 tbsp rum
- Soak dried mixed fruits with rum for 10mins.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and margarine with the sugar till pale and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, beat till combined before adding in the flour mixture. Add in vanilla extract.
- Using a spatula, fold in sifted flours in 3 batches alternatively with the milk. Add in the mixed fruits mixture (with the liquid as well) till well combined.
- Scoop the batter into lined muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20 minutes or when a skewer inserted in the center and comes out clean.