Extremely soft & fluffy bread texture even after 2 days! But my boy does not fancy this bread at all! >.< Surprising is my girl whom like this bread so much that she does not mind having them for breakfast and snack :) I like the way how the bread turns out, all raising evenly in the pan :)
Overnight Sponge Dough 隔夜中种
- 100gm bread flour
- 60gm water
- 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- Mix instant yeast with 20gm water and dissolve well.
- Add in remaining ingredients and knead to form a dough. Proof for 30mins.
- Cling wrap and keep in fridge overnight or up to 48 hours.
Black Sesame Bread
- 300gm bread flour
- 20gm black sesame, toasted and grinded
- 5gm instant yeast
- 30gm sugar
- 3gm salt
- 12gm milk powder
- 60gm sponge dough
- 180gm cold water (I did not use up all)
- 25gm unsalted butter
- 15gm black sesame seeds, toasted
- 15gm white sesame seeds, toasted
- Mix ingredient A until well blended.
- Add in ingredient B, knead to form a dough.
- Add in ingredient C and knead till smooth and elastic, about 10mins.
- Proof for 60mins until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and knead lightly. Divide dough into 50gm each. Shape into rounds and brush with some water and coat with ingredient D. Place the dough in a greased pan.
- Proof for another 60mins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30-35mins until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately and cool completely on rack.
Recipe adapted from Alex Goh 'Baking Code'
Sponge Dough - before and after 24 hours...
Before & After 2nd Proofing...
Balanced dough placed in a smaller tart mould....
My lil princess enjoying her bread for breakfast :)