It's been quite some time I bake portobello mushroom....This morning baked some bread roll and left with some fillings, therefore make full use of the balanced ingredients and come out with this simple and delicious stuffed portobello mushroom :)
Bacon & Onion Portobello
- 10 medium Portobello Mushroom
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices back bacon, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- black pepper
- grated cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan, add garlic & onion and fry for 2 mins until onion is soft.
- Add in bacon and fry for another 2 mins until golden brown.
- Stir in spring onion and black pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Remove stalk & gills of mushroom. Brush bottom and surface with some olive oil.
- Spoon some bacon & onions filling into the mushroom cavity and press down slightly. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese over.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 20mins.
Tomato Portobello : Just place a slice of tomato into the cavity, sprinkle some salt & black pepper and top with cheddar cheese.
Sunny Side Up Portobello : Bake portobello for 15mins, crack a small egg (I used new born egg which is really small) into the cavity, continue to bake for another 5 mins until the egg is set!
served with simple tomato pasta