- 5 whole chicken leg
- 170gm shallot, peeled and sliced
- 700ml water
- 170gm tamarind paste
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp salted bean paste
- 1.5 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp pepper
- Rinse chicken leg and pat dry. Marinade with 2 tsp chicken seasoning powder and 1 tsp pepper for at least 1 hour in fridge.
- Combine tamarind paste with 400ml water. Mix well till paste is dissolved. Strain away the seeds.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in wok. Add shallot and fry till fragrant over low heat. Add marinated chicken leg and fry for 5 mins.
- Add in seasoning, tamarind water and remaining 300ml water. Bring to boil. Stir to mix well.
- Lower heat, cover with lid and simmer for 30 mins until the chicken leg is cooked and tender. Stir the mixture in between to prevent the mixture from scorching.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 small onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeded & sliced
- 5 calamansi lime, extracted juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 stalk spring onion, cut into sectioned
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in wok, pan fry eggs individually until browned along the edges. Remove and set aside.
- With remaining oil in wok, saute onions until soft and lightly browned.
- Add chilli, calamansi juice, sugar, dark soy sauce and salt and mix well. Add hot water and bring to boil. Simmer for about a minute.
- Adjust taste accordingly with more salt or sugar. Toss in spring onion and mix well. Pour the sauce over fried eggs and serve.
- 300gm sweet potato leaves
- 300gm red spinach leaves
- 200gm sweet potatoes
- 25gm dried shrimps
- 5 red chilli, deseeded
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 shallots, peeled
- 200ml coconut cream
- 200ml water
- salt to taste
- Wash sweet potato leaves and spinach. Pluck off leaves, chop stalks to finger-lengths and discard the stringy fibre on the surface of each stalk.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into wedges, soak in tap water.
- Soak dried shrimps for 10 mins.
- Combine dried shrimps, chilli, garlic & shallot in a food process and blend till fine.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok. Add spice mixture and stir fry till fragrant, about 3 mins.
- Add water and sweet potatoes and cook till potatoes are tender.
- Add in coconut cream and bring to a boil.
- Add vegetable and bring to boil on high heat. Add salt to taste. Remove from heat and serve immediately.