TGIF! Let's have a slice of hearty chocolate chip and peanut butter banana bread to start this beautiful Friday morning! hehehe I'm too generous with the chocolate chips, as you can see that the loaf is literally covered with it. But I like it this way! ^0^
Ripen bananas ready for use in baking
Steps by steps process : cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs, stir in vanilla and peanut butter, mix in mashed bananas, sift in flour and mix, stir in milk and finally fold in chocolate chips. Pour batter into lined pan, top with more chocolate chips if desired and bake for 160 deg cel for 60mins.
- 250gm plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60gm butter, room temperature
- 90gm fine sugar
- 60gm brown sugar
- 180gm creamy peanut butter
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250ml milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until combined.
- Beat in egg. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla and beat till creamy.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- Add in flour mixture and fold in alternate with milk till batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into lined loaf pan and spread out evenly. Scatter over extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 60 mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins before unmoulding onto wire rack to cool completely.