Saturday, June 15, 2013

雪莲苹果排骨汤

Oh gosh the heat is killing me! >o< I've to constantly remind my kiddos to drink more water! But sometimes is difficult to get them drink so much plain water so I like to brew soup which they like :) This is the first time I use yacon for cooking! I always seen this around in supermarket but have no idea how to consume it :P But I understand it can be eaten raw too! It is very crunchy and sweet, taste like water chestnut + apple + watermelon hahaha.....Therefore this soup is very appealing to the kids, if they have sweet tooth, as it taste SWEET!








Ingredient
  • 600gm yacon, peeled & sliced
  • 3 small red apples, cored and sliced
  • 1 corn cob, sliced
  • 350gm pork ribs
  • 1 honey date

Method
  1. Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for a minute. Drain away water.
  2. Place all ingredients in a pot and fill in 2.5L water. Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 2 hours. Add salt to taste.



3 comments:

Esther Lau said...

Peng, this soup looks absolutely delicious!!!! I never use yacon too, must try next time. Thank you for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy! I can't wait to try it.


GraceH

Unknown said...

If I can find yacon later, this will be the soup for tonight.

Related Posts with Thumbnails