Let's have some homemade cooling tea to beat this warm weather! Serve this to kids rather than unhealthy packed fruit juice, which I rarely give my kids :) Homemade fruit juice? I rarely made this too as all the fibre are being separated after processed, basically drinking 'sugar' >0< So plain water is the best! hahaha
Recipe source : Food & Travel Sept 2005
- 2 large red apples
- 2 large green apples
- 30gm dried snow fungus
- 6 seedless red dates
- 100gm sweet apricot kernels 南杏
- 50gm bitter apricot kernels 北杏
- rock sugar to taste
- Wash and core the apples, cut into chunks.
- Rinse the snow fungus and cut off the hard base. Tear the fungus into pieces.
- Place all ingredients, except sugar, in a large pot filled with 3L water.
- Bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour until the snow fungus is almost jelly like.
- Add sugar to taste. Serve warm or chilled.