Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tamago (Japanese Egg Roll) by HCP

This is my experiment on tamago using Happy Call Pan. I have a smaller rectangle pan just to make this tamago as my kids love it a lot :) I adjusted the amount of eggs used in my previous recipe  just to fit into this larger HCP. It is not that difficult in making this tamago, just need plenty of patience  in the rolling hehehe...hopefully you are able to understand what am I writing on the steps of making the egg roll >.<






Ingredient
  • 6 eggs
  • 1.5 tbsp sugar
  • 3 tsp light soya sauce
  • 2 tbsp rice wine

Method 
  1. Using a chopstick, stir the egg to combine. Do not beat vigorously. Stir in the seasoning. Over stirring will create too much bubbles in the mixture and may result wrinkle omelette.
  2. Lightly grease heated Happy Call Pan. Pour some egg mixture into the pan, an even thin layer will do. Tilt the pan to coat the base of the pan evenly. Cover the lid and cook for 1 min or less on low heat till the top is almost set. Roll up the egg to the left side of the pan.
  3. Shift the egg roll gently back to the right side of the pan. Pour in some egg mixture over the pan. Using a chopstick, lightly lift up the egg roll and let the raw egg run underneath.
  4. When the edge has set, roll up the omelette towards to the left pan again with the help of a chopstick and a spatula if necessary.
  5. Slide the egg roll towards to the right side of the pan again. Repeat the steps with the remaining egg mixture.
  6. Leave the rolled omelette to cool before cutting in pieces.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very smooth egg roll. From your previous Hakka Chun Ken also looks to me

Unknown said...

I didn't invest a HPC for myself. But I bought a tamago pan maker from Daiso costs me only RM5. My tamago turns out to be good as well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails