Oh how to resist these lovely mangoes when they are relatively cheap! These 3 fruits weighed 1.35kg only for S$3.50! Really worth it as they are very sweet with thick flesh :) Besides eating as a fruit, I am very enthusiastic to try out new recipes ^,^ I want to prepare something new besides making into pudding, ice-cream or popsicles which I've done before. So here is my freshly cooked mango curd from my kitchen! Let's see how it will set after chilling till tomorrow and I will then continue to post recipes on how to serve this lovely mango curd ^.*....
this is how the texture thickens whereby it can coat the back of the spoon with a clean trail
- 1 large mango, approx 450gm, peeled, pitted and cut into pieces
- 90gm sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 60gm unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Puree mango, sugar, lemon juice and salt in a food processor. Add in yolks and blitz briefly.
- Strain through a sieve over a metal bowl. Discard solids if any.
- Set the metal bowl over saucepan of simmering water, whisk mixture until thickens for about 10 mins. Remove from heat and whisk in butter gradually until well blended.
- Transfer curd into a air-tight container, cool down before chilling overnight.