Sweet little treats which me and my boy loves it a lot :) No leftovers for hubby hahaha....I've actually attempt this fried sweet potatoes twice! First attempt taste not really good as I added too much flour to the mashed sweet potatoes resulting a rather doughy texture after frying. After the not so successful attempt, second try fare much better! ^.^
- 280gm steamed sweet potatoes
- 60-70gm plain flour (add gradually...)
- sugar for filling
- Mash sweet potatoes while is still hot, mix in flour and knead till a pliable dough is formed. Add less or more flour when necessary.
- Divide dough into 30gm each.
- Lightly dust hand with flour and flatten dough each dough. Fill in 1 tsp sugar. Seal it and shape it into an oblong shape with pointed ends. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Deep fry the cek mek in hot oil on medium heat until a crust form on the outside. Drain well and cool down slightly before serving. Caution the sugar syrup is hot!
1st attempt...too doughy :(
2nd attempt...much better!! :)
I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest, Kelantan Month hosted by Gertrude of My Kitchen Snippets...