Thursday, January 31, 2013

Green Pea Cookies

I believe this is also one of the popular chinese new year cookies among all! To be true I never try this green peas cookie in my whole life before!! Guess I must have miss out something good hehehe....Very very flavourful nutty cookies and I simply loves the soothing greenish tone of these cookies :)





Recipe source : 'New Year Cookies' by Alan Ooi
Ingredient
  • 150gm green peas, salted
  • 170gm plain flour
  • 100gm icing sugar
  • 110gm corn oil

Method
  1. Process green peas in a food processor till fine.
  2. Sift flour and sugar into a mixing bowl.
  3. Stir in green peas evenly.
  4. Add in corn oil and mix into a pliable dough. Do not over knead.
  5. Roll out dough and cut into desired shapes. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20mins until firm.
  6. Cool completely before storing.

salted green peas

Thanks to my powerful Braun processor, it grinded the peas into powder form in split seconds :)



Another version I found with black sesame incorporated into the green peas powder !! 


Green Peas Sesame Cookie

Recipe source : Munch Ministry
Green Peas Sesame Cookies
Ingredient

  • 150gm green peas, salted
  • 20gm black sesame seeds, rinsed and toasted 
  • 90gm icing sugar
  • 40gm cake flour
  • 150gm plain flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 125gm corn oil

Method
  1. Process green peas and sesame seeds separately till fine.
  2. Sift sugar, flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
  3. Stir in green peas and sesame powder.
  4. Stir in oil and mix till a pliable dough is formed. Do not over knead.
  5. Shape dough into 10gm each and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20mins.
  6. Cool completely before storing.



4 comments:

inglee_chinese orchestra said...

Hi, can I check with you, if I over knead the dough, will it just become apart and then cause me having to add more oil?
Coz I tried making it. Then no matter how I knead it, it still seem dry and then to fall apart instead of becoming a nice dough :(

Peng said...

Inglee....yes overknead will cause the dough to become too crumbly. Slowly add in tbsp of oil to make it a soft dough cos sometimes the humidity of the flour also plays a part.

Cindy said...

Did you prefer the one with or without the black sesame?

Peng said...

Cindy....black sesame one gives extra oomph 😊 both versions I like 😊

Related Posts with Thumbnails