Friday, November 30, 2012

Topo Map Love Cake

I was so fascinated by the layers of this butter cake when I saw the recipe from Wendy's blog :D I could not wait to see how my cake turns out after baking! My cake was rather short as I did not thaw the eggs well enough and it affected the volume of the batter. At first glance, I thought my cake was rather ugly >.< Nevertheless it is still a nice butter cake with firm crumbs :D 










Recipe adapted from Wendy from Table for 2
Ingredient
  • 250gm butter
  • 250gm sugar (I used 220gm)
  • 5 medium eggs
  • 300gm cake flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 125ml evaporated milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp pandan paste
  • Cocoa powder for creating the topo lines (I used approximately 3 Tbsp)

Method
  1. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
  2. Beat in eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
  3. Sift half the flour into the butter mixture and beat on low speed until well combined.
  4. Mix in the evaporated milk until well combined.
  5. Sift the balance of flour into the mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
  6. Divide the batter to two. Mix vanilla extract to one part and pandan paste to the other.
  7. Preheat oven to 180 deg cel and lined a 7" square pan.
  8. Spread 1/2 the pandan batter (or vanilla whichever you prefer) into pan. Level it.
  9. Evenly sift a thin layer of cocoa powder over.
  10. Very very gently dollop half of the other colour over and gently level it. Repeat the sifting of cocoa powder.
  11. Repeat layering with both colours, with the final layer clean (no cocoa powder on top).
  12. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Different variations : Divided batter into 4 equal portions : add vanilla paste into 2 plain portions, 1/2 tsp pandan paste into 1 portion and 1/2 tsp strawberry paste into another portion :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Peng this is very nice...I like the layering so much.

I like Topo Map Cake very much. I bake trice of it...Yummy..

lena said...

peng , no ugly! this is cantik!

Related Posts with Thumbnails