Flavourful minced pork mushroom rice which my kids adore! They especially love the lava egg! I actually cooked the egg for 2 consecutive days for them hehehe of course for myself also :D This dish is so delicious that I could not stop topping up more rice!
Recipe modified from Y3K recipe
- 400gm minced pork
- 30gm dried shitake mushroom, softened and chopped
- 60gm dried shrimps, softened and chopped
- 150gm shallots, chopped
- 50gm garlic, chopped
- 1 piece preserved beancurd
- 2 tbsp chinese wine
- 5 tbsp oil
- 600ml water
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 40gm rock sugar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- Heat oil in wok, sauté shallots, garlic, dried shrimps over low heat until fragrant and golden brown.
- Add mushroom and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in minced pork, preserved beancurd and wine. Use the spatula to loosen the minced and stir fry over high heat until well combined.
- Add in water and seasoning, bring to boil.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat for 45mins until the flavour has been absorbed. Dish out and serve with hot rice.
Nitamago aka Lava Egg
Ingredient (4 eggs)
- 5 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoon Water
- 3 tablespoon Mirin
- 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Superior Dark Soy Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Once sugar has melted, let the marinade cool completely.
- Place 4 lava eggs* in a zip-loc bag and carefully pour the marinade into it.
- Carefully squeeze all the air in the zip-loc bag out (ie, no air pockets) so the eggs will be completely in marinade.
- Marinate overnight.
- To serve, drain eggs from marinade and cut into half.
Note : Bring a pot of water with a dash of salt, enough to submerge 4 eggs, to rolling boil. Turn down heat, gently place down 4 60gm cold eggs into the hot water, swirl lightly with a spoon. Cook on low heat for 7 mins. Remove from fire and plunge eggs into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. Gently crack and peel the shells.
- 500gm cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- Place shredded cabbage and carrots in a large mixing bowl. Toss in salt and mix well. Set aside for 10mins.
- Squeeze away excess liquid and place the vegetable in another bowl. Add in chilli, sugar & white vinegar. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture into a clean glass container. Seal and chill for at least 2 hours for flavours to infuse.
Recipe adapted from '简易泡菜。凉拌菜