This is awfully GOOD !!! Feel so satisfying by scooping and eating directly from the baking dish >.< Me and my boy just whack off 1/2 of the pudding!
Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson
- 150gm stale bread, cut into 3cm cubes
- 65gm chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 25gm soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 85ml double cream
- 300ml milk
- 2.5 tsp demerara sugar
- Grease a 6" ovenproof dish with butter. Place in bread cubes and toss in chocolate chips evenly.
- Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, double cream and milk. Pour the mixture over the bread and press down to coat them in the liquid.
- Leave to soak for 20mins, then sprinkle with the demarara sugar. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 40-50mins until golden brown.
- Cool down slightly before serving.