Cooked this potato croquettes yesterday night. Lucky hubby did not come back for dinner if not this dish won't be enough to serve everyone! I shaped the mixture into 4 large patties and 5 medium ones. I ate 2, my gal ate 2 medium ones...my son? he finished 3 medium ones and asked for more! >.<" In the end he chomped down a large one also. This morning I reheat the balanced 1 patty and let him bring to school :) Kids are funny creatures ^o^..When I panfried plain salmon, they will fuss and only eat a few mouthful, but when twitch the cooking method slightly, they can't get it enough....
Recipe adapted from Good Food Mag Jul 2012
- 450gm potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250gm salmon fillet
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup (I run out of ketchup so I replaced with oyster sauce)
- 1 tsp mustard
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 heap tsp dried parsley
- 1 heap tsp dried dill
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100gm dried breadcrumbs
- salad to serve
- Season salmon lightly with salt & pepper. Grill for 5 each sides until cooked. Cool slightly and break into flakes.
- Steam potatoes chunks over preheated steamer for about 25mins until soft. Mash the potatoes while is still hot.
- Combine salmon flakes into the mashed and stir in seasoning and herbs evenly.
- Shape into patties and chill in fridge for 30mins to firm up for easier handling.
- Coat patties with flour, follow by egg wash, coat evenly with breadcrumbs and pan fried over medium low heat for 3-4 mins each side until golden brown and heated through. Serve with salad.
Mixed Salad with Grilled Yellow Peppers
- 1 pack pre-packed mixed salad greens
- 1 large yellow peppers
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple balsamic
- 1/2 tbsp pomegranate syrup
- dash of black pepper
- Grill the whole yellow pepper till charred. Place in a bowl, covered and rest for 30mins. Peel the skin and tear into pieces.
- Combine mixed salad greens , yellow pepper & cherry tomato in a mixing bowl. Add in olive oil, apple balsamic, pomegranate syrup & pepper and toss evenly to mix. Serve.
my newly added condiments in my pantry :)
dear son ate 4 cakes! ^o^