This is another Rice Dish I would like to share :) simply delicious and flavourful pilaf! Can be served on its own or add another simple dish which I did...grilled chicken :)
Recipe adapted from 'Good Food Magazine'
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 200gm basmati rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 300gm mixed mushroom (I used button mushroom & shitake)
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 3 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 5 tbsp soft cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Rinse basmati rice well, drain away water.
- Heat oil in a pot, add onion and fry for 5mins until soften.
- Add mushroom & garlic and fry for another 2 mins.
- Add in rice & lemon juice & zests and mix evenly.
- Add in salt & pepper. Add in stock and bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and cover, cook for 25mins until rice is tender.
- Stir in half the amount of spring onion and 3 tbsp soft cheese. Mix well. Remove from heat.
- Serve with remaining spring onion & cheese.
My Griddle Pan :) Simple chicken breast marinated with Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, salt & pepper, grilled on both sides till golden brown.