What do you like to eat curry with? Rice? Bread? or Fried Mee Hoon?.... I like mine with Mee Hoon!! I stir fry a simple Fried Mee Hoon (will post recipe soon :)) and drench it with lots of the curry gravy!! Sedap!
Recipe adapted from Good Food Mag Jun 2011
- 1 small chicken, cut into medium size pieces
- 300gm sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 curry leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5cm length ginger, grated
- 500ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
Marinade (process into a fine paste)
- 10 dried chillie, softened
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Combine chicken with spice paste and allow to marinate overnight.
- Steam sweet potato in a preheated steamer for 10mins. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add onion, curry leaves, garlic and ginger. Fry on medium heat for 5 mins until fragrant.
- Add in chicken pieces and stir fry for 5 mins.
- Add in coconut milk and simmer for 20mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Add in seasoning and sweet potato and cook for another 5mins. Ready to serve!