Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Steamed Matcha Mushi Pan

This is my 2nd attempt after some adjustment to the ingredients :) First attempt I added 1 tsp green tea powder which I find the matcha taste not strong enough. So this time round I added 2 tsp :) Aren't the steamed cupcake looks adorable?! It is so rounded and it did not crack as normal steamed huat kueh!

But one mistake I've made...I forgotten to grease my silicon mould, aren't they suppose to be non-stick >.< , anyway all the cakes got stuck!! all disfigured! sigh~~~ Luckily my boy do not care of the appearance and say it taste good :) Indeed it still taste good after 6 hours in room temp :) I just eaten one disfigured dragonfly for my tea break hahahaha...





a disfigured dragonfly....


a disfigured bumble bee....


Ingredient
  • 195 gm Pau Flour (can use Cake Flour)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp green tea powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 115 gm sugar (cos I increase the amt of GT powder, so I up the sugar slightly)
  • 80 gm milk
  • 2 tbsp corn oil
  • some raisins

Method
  1. Sift pau flour, baking powder & green tea powder.
  2. Using a manual whisk, beat eggs until frothy.
  3. Add in sugar and beat till sugar is well dissolved.
  4. Beat in milk & oil.
  5. Fold in flour mixture in 3 batches until well combined.
  6. Spoon some batter into cupcake mould or a small lined loaf pan, sprinkle raisins over, cover with balance batter. Steam over preheated steamer over medium heat for 20mins for cupcake sizes, 30mins for loaf size. Remove from steamer immediately and cool completely before unmoulding.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails