Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chocolate Chip Loaf

A gigiantic chocolate chip bread loaf I done 2 days ago! :) This is the largest loaf I've ever done, weighing 800gm ++ >.<....hehehe I even have to search for a super huge air-tight container to store the loaf. Not a perfect looking loaf as you can see the tunnel inside the bread. But the texture is fluffy and soft with rich chocolate taste which I like! :)




Ingredient
  • 350gm bread flour
  • 10gm milk powder
  • 1.5 tbsp Valrhona Cocoa Powder
  • 70gm sugar
  • 1/4tsp aalt
  • 7gm instant dry yeast
  • 1 egg (60g), lightly beaten
  • 120gm TangZhong
  • 125ml fresh milk (I did not use all)
  • 30gm unsalted butter, soften
  • 100gm dark chocolate chips

Method : As per normal bread making, 180 deg cel for 35mins.




4 comments:

yenny said...

Hi,
when you said 120g Tangzhong, how many batches of 65C Tangzhong, Water Roux, I need to make? The tangzhong recipe has 125g milk/water + 25 flour - does it equal to 150 g, & then I just take 120g for this recipe?

Also, I never bake a bread before. How hard/easy is this recipe to make?

Thanks :)

Peng said...

Yenny...yes I dun make large batch of TZ, the amount is just nice for a large loaf or 2 small batch of bread making. If you have a heavy duty mixer to beat the dough is rather easy compare using hand knead which requires some techniques and practising :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng

Where can i buy valrhona coco powder at singapore. TQ


Huiqi

Peng said...

Huiqi...u can try kitchen capers or sunlik :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails