Monday, July 16, 2012

凉拌辣醋黑木耳

I actually first tasted this dish prepared by my mother-in-law. Subsequently when I got the chance to travel to China, I also managed to order this cold dish from a restaurant! My father, a retiree, likes to travel to all parts of China, and he will always bring back packs of dried black fungus! Of course local supermarkets & provision shop have dried blackfungus, but the varieties is lesser compare to China. You can see the picture below on the varieties of black fungus, all from China!

So much on black fungus, do you know the benefits of black fungus, 黑木耳? They are very rich in iron and low in calories. It is also known to help reduce LDL cholesterol, treat hemorrhoids...A healthy & nutritious food which I do not mind eating more :)

Reading on Black Fungus : Ref A, Ref B,

My way of dressing up the black fungus, with 'agaration' from what I've tasted in the restaurant and my mil's version :) spicy and tangy salad dish. But looking at the picture, I realized something missing >.< I forgotten to toss in some toasted sesame seeds! hahaha




These are the varieties of dry black fungus I have in my pantry!!


This is how they look after soaking! 3 different texture!




Creations by Peng's Kitchen
Ingredient
  • 20gm dried black fungus
  • 1 medium Japanese cucumber, cut into chunks
  • 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
  • 1 red chilli, chopped
  • 4 tbsp dark vinegar
  • 2 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp crunchy spicy chilli peppers

Method
  • Soak black fungus for 1 hour to soften. Rinse.
  • Bring a pot of water to boil, add in black fungus and cook for a min. Drain away water.
  • Place black fungus in a mixing bowl. Add in all seasoning and toss well. Chill in fridge for 1-2 hours to allow the flavours to infuse.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails