Something healthier which I mostly cook all the time! :) Steamed fish, baked fish or braised fish is always the choice for me ;)
Parboiled fish....slowly simmer in boiling water till cook from then the usual way of steaming, I find the fish taste very succelent using this method! The fish broth can be retained to cook the sauce and use as a base for noodle soup also! no wastage :)
- 1 seabass approx 600gm
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 slices ginger, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp cornstarch water
- 2 tbsp spicy bean paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp wine
- 2 tsp dark vinegar
- Fill wok with 3 cups water and bring to boil, add seabass and cook for 5mins. Remove fish and reserve fish broth.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok, add garlic, ginger & spring onion and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add sauce mixture and stir fry for a min. Add in 1.5 cup reserved fish broth and simmer till sauce is reduced.
- Dish out fish and place on serving plate. Thicken sauce with cornstarch water and drizzle over fish.