hmmm realise I've still have plenty of Splenda sugar in my fridge! While browsing for recipes and come by this Kalyn's Kitchen and found out she has quite a number of baking recipes using Splenda! So I tested out with the simplest Chocolate & Oat Cookies! I'm not really sure why my cookies turn out very dark almost like pieces of black charcoal hahaha...the texture is quite cakey compare to the normal oat cookies which is more crunchy :) But this is a much healthier version, no butter, no yolks and using sugar replacement instead :)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granular Splenda
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 egg whites
- Combine rolled oats, Splenda, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together vanilla, olive oil, and egg white.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together with a fork until the cocoa powder is dissolved and ingredients are well combined. Chill cookie batter several hours.
- To bake, preheat oven to 180 deg cel. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, then put small balls of batter (about 2 tsp.) spaced apart slightly. Press down with fork to make cookies about 1/2 inch thick. Bake 12 minutes, or until cookies are firm but not hard. They will harden a bit more when they cool.
I am submitting your post to Aspiring Bakers #21: Gluten-Free Bakes (July 2012)) hosted by Hankerie.
served with a cuppa of homemade Chai Tea!
Simple Ingredients..ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, cardamon
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 12 black peppercorns
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups water
- 2 black tea bags
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk, warmed
- 3 tbsp Splenda
- Place spices and water in a small pot, bring to boil for 2 mins.
- Turn off heat, put in tea bags. Cover and steep for 5mins.
- Strain away spices & tea bags. Pour in warm evaporated milk and stir in Splenda. Serve.