Smacking good! Loves the texture of the super soft silken tofu with the savoury gravy! I actually prepared this dish twice today... for lunch & dinner! ^-^
Recipe adapted (with modifications) from Good Food Mag Feb 2012
- 1 block silken tofu
- 5 XO mushroom, (2 sliced finely)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp salted black beans (tausi), rinsed & roughly chopped
- 2 slices ginger, chopeed
- 3 red chilli, deseeded & sliced
Sauce, mix well (portion enough for 2 blocks of tofu)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 1 tbsp abalone sauce/ oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 125ml chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- Place 3 XO mushroom on top of tofu, scatter sliced mushroom around and steam on high heat for 5mins until heated through. Place on serving plate.
- Make the sauce : Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan, add garlic, shallot, ginger & black beans and fry till fragrant for 3mins.
- Add in sauce mixture and bring to boil. Cook till slightly thickens. Drizzle some sauce over the tofu & mushroom and serve immediately.