Looking at the ingredients list, think this is one of the most ingredients (15 items) I ever used in a dish! :) Actually is not very tedious as most ingredients just require pre-soaked before cooking.....The cooking part even more simplest, just braised everything till cook ^-* My girl ate everything except the lily flower which she find it tough, as for my boy likes this dish, requesting for more servings except the tung hoon >.<
Stewed Mixed Vegetables
Recipe adapted (with modifications) from Good Food Magazine
- 300gm prawns, shelled & de-veined, shells reserved
- 15 dried shitake mushroom, softened and liquid reserved
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps, softened and liquid reserved
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 slices ginger
- 2 tbsp fermented bean paste
- 35 strands lily flowers, soaked and tied into a knot
- 15gm cloud ear fungus
- 50gm bean vermicelli
- 60gm dried bean curd sheet, softened
- 550gm white cabbage, 大白菜, tear into large chunks
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 2 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place the prawn shells in a pot with 1.2L water and bring to boil. Cook for 10mins then strain the stock.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in wok, add shallot & ginger and saute for 2mins.
- Add dried shrimps and garlic and stir fry for another 2mins.
- Add fermented bean paste and stir fry for 3mins until fragrant.
- Add in mushroom, lily flower, fungus, carrots and stir to mix evenly for a min.
- Add in cabbage, stock & sugar and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 15mins.
- Add in prawn, vermicelli and dried bean curd and simmer for another 10-15mins. Add salt & pepper to taste. Serve warm.