This time round I did not manage to shape the loaf well, looks out of shape. Furthermore I've uses a too large pan for the dough and it does not raises very nice. But the outcome of the bread still taste very nice. My son commented the crust very crispy and hubby said very good crunch 'cos of the sesame :D
65C Tangzhong, Water Roux
- 125gm fresh milk/ water
- 25gm high protein flour
- Pour milk into a small saucepan, add in flour and stir till flour is well dissolved.
- Cook over low heat and whisk continuously till a smooth paste is formed (I do not have a thermo to check whether the dough reaches 65C, but it roughly takes about 2mins)
- Cover the paste with a cling wrap touching the surface, leave to cool completely before using.
Brown Sugar Black Sesame Toast
Ingredient (9" x 5")
- 240gm high protein flour
- 15gm milk powder
- 20gm brown sugar
- 4gm salt
- 4gm instant yeast
- 85gm Tangzhong
- 100gm milk
- 20gm unsalted butter, softened
- 20gm toasted black sesame seeds
- milk for glazing
- Combine flour, milk powder, sugar, salt & yeast and mix evenly. Combine Tangzhong and mix lightly. Make a well in the centre.
- Add in milk and mix into a rough dough. Knead for 5mins. Add in softened and knead for another 10mins until the dough is smooth & elastic.
- Add in black sesame seeds and knead till well incorporated. Cover and proof for 60mins.
- Lightly punch down the proofed dough and knead to release gas. Shape into a ball, rest for 15mins.
- Roll out dough into a 18cm x 30cm rectangular and roll up like a swiss roll. Seal the seams tightly and place the dough into a well greased loaf pan. Cover and proof for another 60mins until double in bulk. Glaze surface with milk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 30mins. Remove from oven and unmould immediately and cool completely on wire rack.