65C Tangzhong, Water Roux
- 125gm fresh milk/ water
- 25gm high protein flour
- Pour milk into a small saucepan, add in flour and stir till flour is well dissolved.
- Cook over low heat and whisk continuously till a smooth paste is formed (I do not have a thermo to check whether the dough reaches 65C, but it roughly takes about 2mins)
- Cover the paste with a cling wrap touching the surface, leave to cool completely before using.
椰香葡萄馅Ingredient (1 portion)
- 35gm unsalted butter
- 30gm sugar
- 35gm eggs
- 70gm desiccated coconut
- 35gm milk
- 60gm raisins, presoaked in Rum
- Cream butter & sugar until light. Beat in eggs until creamy.
- Fold in desiccated coconut and stir in milk to make a spreadable batter.
- Fold in raisins. Mixture can be chilled for 3 days.
A well proofed bread dough....Coconut & Raisin Bun
Ingredient (makes 6)
- 180gm bread flour
- 55gm cake flour
- 15gm milk powder
- 30gm sugar
- 3gm salt
- 5gm instant yeast
- 30gm cold eggs
- 65gm cold milk
- 70gm water roux, 汤种
- 25gm unsalted butter, softened
- 1 portion of coconut & raisins filling
- beaten egg for glazing
Method (hand knead)
- Combine flour, milk powder, sugar, salt and yeast in a mixing bowl. Add in water roux and stir to mix. Add in eggs & milk and mix into a rough dough. Knead for 5mins.
- Add in softened butter and continue to knead until smooth and elastic, 10 mins. Cover and proof for 60mins.
- Lightly punch dough down and knead lightly to release gas. Shape into round and rest for another 15mins.
- Roll out dough into a 30cm x 25cm rectangular shape. Spread filling evenly over the dough and roll up like a swiss roll. Seal edge tightly. Cut into 6 portions and place on a paper lining. Proof for another 45-60mins until double in size.
- Lightly glaze the buns and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20mins until golden brown.