Really awwww by this when my friend show me the link on how to bake this!! But I really do not like to make swiss roll, always got the phobia to roll it up >.< Not a perfect swiss roll, 'cos of the patchy surface . But should be able to bring a smile to my boy :D
Recipe adapted from 小本廚房實錄
- 6 egg yolk
- 20gm castor sugar
- 60gm fresh milk
- 45gm corn oil
- 100gm cake flour
- 15gm cornflour (if anvailable, can be replaced with same amt of cake flour)
- 5.5 egg whites (abt 210gm)
- 70gm castor sugar
Strawberry Patterns Batter :
- 1/2 egg whites (20gm)
- 10gm castor sugar
- strawberry paste
- 1/4 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder
200gm Whipped Non- Dairy Cream, Fresh Strawberries
- Whisk 6 egg yolks with 20gm sugar till sugar dissolves, stir in milk & corn oil.
- Sift over cake flour & corn flour and stir till batter formed.
- Scoop 30gm of the cake batter into a small bowl. Stir in strawberry paste to form red colour batter. Set aside.
- In a clean dry bowl, whisk 20gm egg whites till foamy, beat in sugar gradually till stiff peak formed. Fold into the red colour cake batter. Transfer batter into a piping bag.
- Line a swiss roll pan with baking paper, pipe small strawberry shapes onto the baking paper randomly. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 1.5mins. Remove from oven.
- In a clean dry bowl, whisk the 210gm egg whites till foamy, add in the 70gm sugar gradually and beat till stiff peak formed. Fold the egg white form into the balance cake batter and mix evenly.
- Pour the batter over the baked strawberry patterns and spread evenly to cover. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12-13 mins till golden brown. Remove and cool on wire rack.
- Transfer cake onto a clingwrap pattern facing down. Spread cream filling and strawberries slices over the unpatterned side. Roll up the cake and chill in fridge for 30mins.
- Mix the matcha powder & cocoa powder with 1/2 tsp water each. Use a small brush, paint leaves using the matcha liquid & dot the seeds using the cocoa liquid.