Cluck, cluck, cluck! Freshly hatched cute chickies from the hot oven! ^0^ How many of you still remember or tasted the original Nabisco chicken in a biscuit crackers? It seems that it is hard to see this chicken flavoured cracker available over the supermarket shelves these recent years. Without the need to search all over the supermarket, now I can just bake a small batch at home anytime when I'm craving for it!
This little chicky cookie is as addictive as the original Nabisco version one! Though the texture is not anywhere near with the original one, but it still tasted good! Just imagine you are eating a butter cookie with chicken flavour in it. hahahah......
all the ingredients needed (except baking powder and pepper not in pic) for making this cracker
before baking...the cookie dough is easy to handle, soft and not sticky to touch.
Ingredient (24 cookies)
- 60gm unsalted butter
- 130gm cake flour
- 20gm potato starch
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash of white pepper
- 40ml hot water
- 10gm sugar
- 1 cube non-msg chicken stock cube, mashed
- sugar hearts for decoration (optional)
- Combine flour, potato starch, garlic powder, baking powder and pepper together. Set aside.
- Dissolve stock cube and sugar in hot water. If it is difficult to dissolve well, microwave for 20s. Set aside.
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter until light and creamy.
- Sift the flour mixture into the butter and beat until crumbly.
- Pour in stock mixture and beat until just combine. Do not overmix.
- Place dough between 2 plastic sheet and roll out into a rectangle shape. Chill in fridge for 30mins to firm up.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out thinly. Cut out dough using your preferred cookie cutter.
- Place cut cookie on a lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25 mins until lightly brown.
- Cool completely before storing.